Disney’s Frozen has earned $1.072 billion in box offices worldwide, surpassing Disney/Pixar’s Toy Story 3 and making the Oscar-winning blockbuster the top-grossing animated film of all time.
Frozen also nabbed the No. 10 spot on the list of the biggest global blockbusters of all time as it edges up toward The Dark Knight Rises, the Hollywood Reporter reports. The film has earned $398.4 million domestically and $674 million abroad.
Frozen is the biggest Disney or Pixar animated film of all time in 27 countries, including Russia, China and Brazil.
The Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee–directed film took home the best animated film Oscar at this year’s Academy Awards.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- What to Know About the History of the Debt Ceiling
- 10 Questions the Succession Finale Needs to Answer
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Why Rich People Aren't Using Phone Cases