Disney’s Frozen has earned $1.072 billion in box offices worldwide, surpassing Disney/Pixar’s Toy Story 3 and making the Oscar-winning blockbuster the top-grossing animated film of all time.
Frozen also nabbed the No. 10 spot on the list of the biggest global blockbusters of all time as it edges up toward The Dark Knight Rises, the Hollywood Reporter reports. The film has earned $398.4 million domestically and $674 million abroad.
Frozen is the biggest Disney or Pixar animated film of all time in 27 countries, including Russia, China and Brazil.
The Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee–directed film took home the best animated film Oscar at this year’s Academy Awards.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This