The violent episode between Chris Brown and Rihanna in 2009 instantly became one of the most notorious domestic abuse incidents of the 21st century after photos of her battered face were leaked to the press. The assault had ramifications for both of their careers, and in a new trailer for a documentary about his life, Chris Brown says he contemplated suicide in the aftermath.
“I went from being on top of the world, No. 1 songs, being kind of like America’s sweetheart to being Public Enemy No. 1,” Brown said in the trailer for Welcome to My Life: The Official Chris Brown Documentary. “I felt like a f—ing monster … I was thinking about suicide, I wasn’t sleeping, I barely ate.”
Read more: Rihanna: ‘I Fell in Love With the Beast’
Still, the singer ends the trailer on a resilient note: “If there was ever a doubt in your mind Chris Brown was done, he was finished: I wouldn’t bet on it.”
A release date for the film has not yet been announced.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World