Prince William and Kate Middleton posed for a photo in front of India’s Taj Mahal on Saturday, an image reminiscent of an infamous photo of Princess Diana, who posed alone in the same spot during her 1992 visit to the country.
The photo of Diana, taken in February 1992 in front of the famous “monument to love,” stoked speculation that she and Prince Charles would soon divorce.
The Taj Mahal stop by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge caps off their first official visit to India and has been seen as representing a happier sequel for the royal family.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time