Prince William and Kate Middleton posed for a photo in front of India’s Taj Mahal on Saturday, an image reminiscent of an infamous photo of Princess Diana, who posed alone in the same spot during her 1992 visit to the country.
The photo of Diana, taken in February 1992 in front of the famous “monument to love,” stoked speculation that she and Prince Charles would soon divorce.
The Taj Mahal stop by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge caps off their first official visit to India and has been seen as representing a happier sequel for the royal family.
Read more: The History That Lurks Behind Prince William and Kate Middleton’s Taj Mahal Visit
Tim Graham—Getty Images/Money Sharma—Pool/AFP/Getty Images
More Must-Reads From TIME
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement