Jill Biden said in a new interview that with her husband Vice President Joe Biden out of the race for the White House, the American people might have “missed an opportunity.”
“I really do feel that Joe would have made a great president,” Biden said on the Today show. “One of his strengths is compromise. So I feel, maybe America missed an opportunity.”
Biden himself has said that he regrets not running for president, a decision he made in the wake of his son’s death from cancer. During his remaining time in office, Biden has been tasked with leading a White House “moonshot” effort to find a cure for cancer.
But still, both Bidens have said the timing was not right for the Vice President to enter the race.
“It just wasn’t the right time,” Jill Biden said.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com