Jill Biden said in a new interview that with her husband Vice President Joe Biden out of the race for the White House, the American people might have “missed an opportunity.”
“I really do feel that Joe would have made a great president,” Biden said on the Today show. “One of his strengths is compromise. So I feel, maybe America missed an opportunity.”
Biden himself has said that he regrets not running for president, a decision he made in the wake of his son’s death from cancer. During his remaining time in office, Biden has been tasked with leading a White House “moonshot” effort to find a cure for cancer.
But still, both Bidens have said the timing was not right for the Vice President to enter the race.
“It just wasn’t the right time,” Jill Biden said.
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- The End of Succession
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction