Harrison Ford’s leather jacket from Star Wars: The Force Awakens sold for $191,000 at auction this week.
Bidding on this “custom-made, one-of-a-kind” leather jacket signed by the actor began at $15,000 last month on the website IfOnly.com and lasted for about two weeks, attracting more than 50 bidders.
The sale benefits FACES (Finding a Cure for Epilepsy and Seizures), a non-profit that is part of NYU Langone Medical Center, where Ford’s daughter underwent treatment for epilepsy nine years ago. “She has not had a seizure since the day she left,” Mr. Ford said at a March 7 fundraiser.
Ford was also quoted about the charity in a recent IfOnly.com news release: “This is a cause that’s near and dear to me, and unlike the cynical Han Solo, I’ve got a good feeling about this.”
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.