Harrison Ford’s leather jacket from Star Wars: The Force Awakens sold for $191,000 at auction this week.
Bidding on this “custom-made, one-of-a-kind” leather jacket signed by the actor began at $15,000 last month on the website IfOnly.com and lasted for about two weeks, attracting more than 50 bidders.
The sale benefits FACES (Finding a Cure for Epilepsy and Seizures), a non-profit that is part of NYU Langone Medical Center, where Ford’s daughter underwent treatment for epilepsy nine years ago. “She has not had a seizure since the day she left,” Mr. Ford said at a March 7 fundraiser.
Ford was also quoted about the charity in a recent IfOnly.com news release: “This is a cause that’s near and dear to me, and unlike the cynical Han Solo, I’ve got a good feeling about this.”
- The Case for Mediocrity
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- Meet the 2023 TIME100 Next: the Emerging Leaders Shaping the World
- Oprah and Arthur C. Brooks: How to Separate Work From Your Identity
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- You Don’t Have to Like Wrestling to Love Netflix’s Excellent Wrestlers
- The Most Anticipated Books, Movies, TV, and Music of Fall 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time