Harrison Ford’s leather jacket from Star Wars: The Force Awakens sold for $191,000 at auction this week.
Bidding on this “custom-made, one-of-a-kind” leather jacket signed by the actor began at $15,000 last month on the website IfOnly.com and lasted for about two weeks, attracting more than 50 bidders.
The sale benefits FACES (Finding a Cure for Epilepsy and Seizures), a non-profit that is part of NYU Langone Medical Center, where Ford’s daughter underwent treatment for epilepsy nine years ago. “She has not had a seizure since the day she left,” Mr. Ford said at a March 7 fundraiser.
Ford was also quoted about the charity in a recent IfOnly.com news release: “This is a cause that’s near and dear to me, and unlike the cynical Han Solo, I’ve got a good feeling about this.”
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now