Ladies and gentleman, start your drones.
ESPN announced Wednesday that it will broadcast the National Drone Racing Championships in New York in August and the World Drone Racing Championships in October. The events are hosted by the International Drone Racing Association and will feature first-person camera footage from the drones as they zoom across a racecourse.
The broadcasts are part of a larger, years-long tie-up between ESPN and the IDRA. In a press release, ESPN claims that drone racing could be the next “behemoth racing sport” after NASCAR and Formula 1. The events will be livestreamed on ESPN 3, and a one-hour special documenting each race will be televised on an ESPN network at a later time.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time