A judge on Wednesday imposed four consecutive 180-day jail terms on infamous “affluenza” teen Ethan Couch.
“You’re not getting out of jail today,” State District Judge Wayne Salvant told the Texas teen, sentencing him to 720 days — one 180-day sentence for each of the four victims he killed in a June 2013 drunk-driving accident.
Couch, who turned 19 on Monday, received 10 years’ probation in juvenile court following the car crash. He was accused of violating the terms of his juvenile probation after a video surfaced online last December that appeared to show him at a party where alcohol was served. He and his…
More Must-Reads From TIME
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- How Tech Giants Turned Ukraine Into an AI War Lab
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com