One’s iPhone photo library is a treasury of secrets. Jimmy Fallon knows this, and has made a game of it on the Tonight Show, swapping phones with his guests and grilling them on the more curious photos on their phone.
Amy Schumer was Fallon’s guest Tuesday night, and together they played “Explain This Photo” — uncovering on her phone a shot of Tilda Swinton, a bearded man and a collection of rather macabre-looking stuffed animals. Given what we know about Swinton’s virtuosic eccentricity, this isn’t totally shocking, but the backstory is interesting: the stuffed animals were Schumer’s from childhood, and the bearded man in the photograph was Swinton’s boyfriend of several years, the German visual artist Sandro Kopp.
Schumer said that she paid Kopp thousands of dollars to paint a stuffed animal that vaguely resembled a panda bear.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating