Police have arrested a woman suspected of stealing a ring off the hand of a dead woman lying in a casket at a Texas funeral home.
Kalynn Homfeld, 41, faces a charge of theft from a human corpse after she was allegedly captured on a funeral home’s surveillance camera snatching the ring, Odessa police said Tuesday.
The ring stolen on Friday was worth about $10, according to the Associated Press. The thief tore skin off the finger of the woman, identified as Lois Hicks, her daughter told CBS 7.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space