Ticketmaster will soon start selling tickets to events directly on Facebook.
The company plans to launch the limited service by the end of the month in response to the growing number of customers who spend more time on mobile apps than they do on websites, BuzzFeed News reports.
“By putting the ability to buy tickets directly within Facebook, we hope that we’re going to provide a more seamless purchase experience and sell more tickets,” Dan Armstrong, Ticketmaster’s vice president and general manager of distributed commerce, told BuzzFeed.
Read More: A Brief History of Ticketmaster
The media outlet notes that tickets to a select group of general admission events bought on Facebook must still be “claimed” through Ticketmaster’s website.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org