Ticketmaster will soon start selling tickets to events directly on Facebook.
The company plans to launch the limited service by the end of the month in response to the growing number of customers who spend more time on mobile apps than they do on websites, BuzzFeed News reports.
“By putting the ability to buy tickets directly within Facebook, we hope that we’re going to provide a more seamless purchase experience and sell more tickets,” Dan Armstrong, Ticketmaster’s vice president and general manager of distributed commerce, told BuzzFeed.
Read More: A Brief History of Ticketmaster
The media outlet notes that tickets to a select group of general admission events bought on Facebook must still be “claimed” through Ticketmaster’s website.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow