Ticketmaster will soon start selling tickets to events directly on Facebook.
The company plans to launch the limited service by the end of the month in response to the growing number of customers who spend more time on mobile apps than they do on websites, BuzzFeed News reports.
“By putting the ability to buy tickets directly within Facebook, we hope that we’re going to provide a more seamless purchase experience and sell more tickets,” Dan Armstrong, Ticketmaster’s vice president and general manager of distributed commerce, told BuzzFeed.
Read More: A Brief History of Ticketmaster
The media outlet notes that tickets to a select group of general admission events bought on Facebook must still be “claimed” through Ticketmaster’s website.
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive