Ticketmaster will soon start selling tickets to events directly on Facebook.
The company plans to launch the limited service by the end of the month in response to the growing number of customers who spend more time on mobile apps than they do on websites, BuzzFeed News reports.
“By putting the ability to buy tickets directly within Facebook, we hope that we’re going to provide a more seamless purchase experience and sell more tickets,” Dan Armstrong, Ticketmaster’s vice president and general manager of distributed commerce, told BuzzFeed.
Read More: A Brief History of Ticketmaster
The media outlet notes that tickets to a select group of general admission events bought on Facebook must still be “claimed” through Ticketmaster’s website.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer