Good news for people who may have seen more Saturday Night Live parodies of Jeopardy! than episodes of the game show.
Alex Trebek said he would be willing to play “Turd Ferguson” on Saturday Night Live, a fake contestant name from the long-running SNL spoof Celebrity Jeopardy!, in which cast members would play different stars competing on the game show, hosted by Will Ferrell. Turd Ferguson was the fake contestant name for Norm MacDonald’s Burt Reynolds.
Trebek offered to make this cameo in a Twitter video by a USA Today reporter at Constitution Hall in Washington D.C., where several tournaments were taped over the weekend.
It is not the first time the host has uttered that name in public. A Jeopardy! contestant tricked him into saying it in an episode that aired in September 2015. Trebek’s famous cameo on SNL was in 2002, to help close out Ferrell’s final season.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was