Good news for people who may have seen more Saturday Night Live parodies of Jeopardy! than episodes of the game show.
Alex Trebek said he would be willing to play “Turd Ferguson” on Saturday Night Live, a fake contestant name from the long-running SNL spoof Celebrity Jeopardy!, in which cast members would play different stars competing on the game show, hosted by Will Ferrell. Turd Ferguson was the fake contestant name for Norm MacDonald’s Burt Reynolds.
Trebek offered to make this cameo in a Twitter video by a USA Today reporter at Constitution Hall in Washington D.C., where several tournaments were taped over the weekend.
It is not the first time the host has uttered that name in public. A Jeopardy! contestant tricked him into saying it in an episode that aired in September 2015. Trebek’s famous cameo on SNL was in 2002, to help close out Ferrell’s final season.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.