Good news for people who may have seen more Saturday Night Live parodies of Jeopardy! than episodes of the game show.
Alex Trebek said he would be willing to play “Turd Ferguson” on Saturday Night Live, a fake contestant name from the long-running SNL spoof Celebrity Jeopardy!, in which cast members would play different stars competing on the game show, hosted by Will Ferrell. Turd Ferguson was the fake contestant name for Norm MacDonald’s Burt Reynolds.
Trebek offered to make this cameo in a Twitter video by a USA Today reporter at Constitution Hall in Washington D.C., where several tournaments were taped over the weekend.
It is not the first time the host has uttered that name in public. A Jeopardy! contestant tricked him into saying it in an episode that aired in September 2015. Trebek’s famous cameo on SNL was in 2002, to help close out Ferrell’s final season.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Olivia B. Waxman at email@example.com