Good news for people who may have seen more Saturday Night Live parodies of Jeopardy! than episodes of the game show.
Alex Trebek said he would be willing to play “Turd Ferguson” on Saturday Night Live, a fake contestant name from the long-running SNL spoof Celebrity Jeopardy!, in which cast members would play different stars competing on the game show, hosted by Will Ferrell. Turd Ferguson was the fake contestant name for Norm MacDonald’s Burt Reynolds.
Trebek offered to make this cameo in a Twitter video by a USA Today reporter at Constitution Hall in Washington D.C., where several tournaments were taped over the weekend.
It is not the first time the host has uttered that name in public. A Jeopardy! contestant tricked him into saying it in an episode that aired in September 2015. Trebek’s famous cameo on SNL was in 2002, to help close out Ferrell’s final season.
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best TV Shows of 2023 So Far
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk