You know those two-wheeled self-balancing scooters that everybody calls “hoverboards” because “two-wheeled self-balancing scooters” takes way too long to say? Well, throw yours in the trash, because it just got one-upped big time.
Inventor Franky Zapata, known for his insane water-blasting “jetpack” called the Flyboard, has a new trick up his sleeve, Gizmodo reports. Meet the Flyboard Air, a turbine-powered flying machine that looks like it actually deserves the “hoverboard” moniker.
It’s unclear if the Flyboard Air will ever come to market. It looks pretty dangerous, hence the flying over water — should anything happen, a splash in the drink is a whole lot more comfortable than a crash on land. But doesn’t it look like fun?
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate