You know those two-wheeled self-balancing scooters that everybody calls “hoverboards” because “two-wheeled self-balancing scooters” takes way too long to say? Well, throw yours in the trash, because it just got one-upped big time.
Inventor Franky Zapata, known for his insane water-blasting “jetpack” called the Flyboard, has a new trick up his sleeve, Gizmodo reports. Meet the Flyboard Air, a turbine-powered flying machine that looks like it actually deserves the “hoverboard” moniker.
It’s unclear if the Flyboard Air will ever come to market. It looks pretty dangerous, hence the flying over water — should anything happen, a splash in the drink is a whole lot more comfortable than a crash on land. But doesn’t it look like fun?
- Effective Altruism Promises to Do Good Better. These Women Say It Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- From Jan. 6 to Tyre Nichols, American Life Is Still Defined by Caste
- As People Return to Offices, It’s Back to Miserable for America’s Working Moms
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year