You know those two-wheeled self-balancing scooters that everybody calls “hoverboards” because “two-wheeled self-balancing scooters” takes way too long to say? Well, throw yours in the trash, because it just got one-upped big time.
Inventor Franky Zapata, known for his insane water-blasting “jetpack” called the Flyboard, has a new trick up his sleeve, Gizmodo reports. Meet the Flyboard Air, a turbine-powered flying machine that looks like it actually deserves the “hoverboard” moniker.
It’s unclear if the Flyboard Air will ever come to market. It looks pretty dangerous, hence the flying over water — should anything happen, a splash in the drink is a whole lot more comfortable than a crash on land. But doesn’t it look like fun?
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve