Authorities are on the hunt for a man who broke into a fast-food restaurant in Washington, D.C. to make himself a burger, police said Sunday.
The suspect, who was captured on surveillance camera cooking a bite to eat, had followed a delivery man into the Five Guys and waited until the employee left before firing up the grill, according to the Metropolitan Police Department and ABC News. He can be seen talking on his cell phone while walking around the kitchen.
Police said he “rummaged through the establishment, cooked food, and stole bottled water before leaving the restaurant.” The incident happened early Friday between 3 a.m. and 5 a.m., police said.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization