Authorities are on the hunt for a man who broke into a fast-food restaurant in Washington, D.C. to make himself a burger, police said Sunday.
The suspect, who was captured on surveillance camera cooking a bite to eat, had followed a delivery man into the Five Guys and waited until the employee left before firing up the grill, according to the Metropolitan Police Department and ABC News. He can be seen talking on his cell phone while walking around the kitchen.
Police said he “rummaged through the establishment, cooked food, and stole bottled water before leaving the restaurant.” The incident happened early Friday between 3 a.m. and 5 a.m., police said.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow