Liam Cunningham, who plays Ser Davos Seaworth on Game of Thrones, made an appearance on Thursday’s episode of Conan to chat about the upcoming season of the HBO drama. And while the 54-year-old actor revealed he knows an interesting secret about the show from George R.R. Martin himself, the best part of the segment came when the host unveiled a never-before-seen clip from the season 6 premiere.
The scene—which is a continuation of a sequence viewers saw in the season six trailer—shows Ser Davos drawing his sword to defend Jon Snow’s corpse. The extended footage reveals that the Onion Knight has banded together with a few of the former Lord Commander’s supporters to protect his dead body from the members of the Night’s Watch who murdered him, including Ser Alliser Thorne and Olly.
Watch the full clip above.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Megan McCluskey at email@example.com