Almost $4 million raised by Donald Trump’s campaign at a veterans’ charity fundraising event in January has yet to be distributed to the intended recipients, according to the Wall Street Journal.
The newspaper contacted 19 of the 22 veterans’ charities to which Trump promised to donate the proceeds, and found that only about $2.4 million of the $6 million raised has been distributed.
“Mr. Trump has distributed many of the contributions to a number of worthy organizations, and will continue to do so,” Hope Hicks, a campaign spokeswoman said.
The funds come from an event for wounded veterans the GOP front runner hosted in Iowa in January after skipping the Jan. 28 Fox Republican debate following squabbles with the network.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears