Almost $4 million raised by Donald Trump’s campaign at a veterans’ charity fundraising event in January has yet to be distributed to the intended recipients, according to the Wall Street Journal.
The newspaper contacted 19 of the 22 veterans’ charities to which Trump promised to donate the proceeds, and found that only about $2.4 million of the $6 million raised has been distributed.
“Mr. Trump has distributed many of the contributions to a number of worthy organizations, and will continue to do so,” Hope Hicks, a campaign spokeswoman said.
The funds come from an event for wounded veterans the GOP front runner hosted in Iowa in January after skipping the Jan. 28 Fox Republican debate following squabbles with the network.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization