Jennifer Lopez is the mother of two young children, so between them and her approximately three billion jobs—she’s juggling American Idol, Shades of Blue and a Las Vegas residency—she doesn’t have time for any man-child behavior in her romantic life. On her new single, “Ain’t Your Mama,” Lopez lays down the rules: she’s not going to cook or do your laundry because she answers to nobody but herself. She will, presumably, have to answer why she picked a lead single produced by Dr. Luke, whom Kesha has accused of sexual assault in a very public legal battle that’s had everyone from Adele to Lady Gaga weighing in. (He has denied all the allegations.) But lest you think the song is lacking in any girl power spirit, just listen closely to the chorus to hear some extra vocals from J. Lo superfan and new labelmate Meghan Trainor.
Listen to “Ain’t Your Mama” here, and look out for Lopez’s live debut of the song during American Idol.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Nolan Feeney at email@example.com