Jennifer Lopez is the mother of two young children, so between them and her approximately three billion jobs—she’s juggling American Idol, Shades of Blue and a Las Vegas residency—she doesn’t have time for any man-child behavior in her romantic life. On her new single, “Ain’t Your Mama,” Lopez lays down the rules: she’s not going to cook or do your laundry because she answers to nobody but herself. She will, presumably, have to answer why she picked a lead single produced by Dr. Luke, whom Kesha has accused of sexual assault in a very public legal battle that’s had everyone from Adele to Lady Gaga weighing in. (He has denied all the allegations.) But lest you think the song is lacking in any girl power spirit, just listen closely to the chorus to hear some extra vocals from J. Lo superfan and new labelmate Meghan Trainor.
Listen to “Ain’t Your Mama” here, and look out for Lopez’s live debut of the song during American Idol.
- Trump Indicted in Classified Docs Case
- Jason Isbell Is Finding His Purpose
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Why Berberine Is Not 'Nature's Ozempic'
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best Shows to Stream on (HBO) Max
- 9 Ways to Combat Self-Criticism