Video and photos are now going viral of four penguin chicks that hatched at the Chester Zoo in Chester, England, between March 27 and April 5.
They have been named Wotsit, Quaver, Frazzle, and Cheeto after brands of potato chips (or crisps, as they’re called in Britain).
South American Humboldt penguins are listed as vulnerable on The IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. According to the zoo, they “‘fly’ through the water at speeds of up to 25 mph” and feast on crustaceans and fish like anchovies, herring, and smelt.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Olivia B. Waxman at email@example.com