Trump detailed his plan for the first time in a memo sent to the Washington Post, the newspaper reported on Tuesday. The Republican frontrunner said he would change a rule under the USA Patriot Act antiterrorism law to limit remittances sent to Mexico, unless the country agreed to pay for the wall.
The stream of money is seen as vital to Mexico’s economy. Some experts question whether Trump’s plan to cut it off is legally feasible, the Post reported.
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive