Trump detailed his plan for the first time in a memo sent to the Washington Post, the newspaper reported on Tuesday. The Republican frontrunner said he would change a rule under the USA Patriot Act antiterrorism law to limit remittances sent to Mexico, unless the country agreed to pay for the wall.
The stream of money is seen as vital to Mexico’s economy. Some experts question whether Trump’s plan to cut it off is legally feasible, the Post reported.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out