Trump detailed his plan for the first time in a memo sent to the Washington Post, the newspaper reported on Tuesday. The Republican frontrunner said he would change a rule under the USA Patriot Act antiterrorism law to limit remittances sent to Mexico, unless the country agreed to pay for the wall.
The stream of money is seen as vital to Mexico’s economy. Some experts question whether Trump’s plan to cut it off is legally feasible, the Post reported.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.