Trump detailed his plan for the first time in a memo sent to the Washington Post, the newspaper reported on Tuesday. The Republican frontrunner said he would change a rule under the USA Patriot Act antiterrorism law to limit remittances sent to Mexico, unless the country agreed to pay for the wall.
The stream of money is seen as vital to Mexico’s economy. Some experts question whether Trump’s plan to cut it off is legally feasible, the Post reported.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- The Threat to Louisiana's Drinking Water
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time