Claire Danes, who can now be seen dealing with issues of national security as Carrie Mathison on Homeland, also had a childhood home that was almost definitely cooler than yours.
Raised by parents who were artists, Danes grew up in a New York City loft equipped with a trampoline, a trapeze and a swing, she said during an appearance on Late Night with Seth Meyers on Monday.
“I grew up in this very kind of bohemian environment,” she said, adding that at the time, she envied the suburban homes of friends and relatives. “They had stairs and rooms and a basement, in which they played video games. It was so enthralling.”
Watch the full interview here.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving