The items amassed on the table were so random and strange, they almost appeared to be the ingredients for a magic spell from a deranged 10-year-old: a rain boot filled with rain, a ukulele filled with Fruity Pebbles cereal, a werewolf doll stuck to a burrito. But no, they were only the components of Jimmy Fallon’s “Random Object Shoot-out” game, which returned to The Tonight Show on Thursday for Taylor Lautner’s appearance.
Like so many Tonight Show games, Random Object Shoot-out inserts a giant element of strangeness into an otherwise standard setup — in this case, the competition involved shooting these inexplicable objects through a basketball hoop. This edition started out lopsided; Lautner missed his first two shots while Fallon sank both the bowl of bouncy balls and the Fruity Pebble ukulele. But the tides quickly reversed, leading to a 2-2 score and Fallon’s declaration that this was the closest game ever. It all came down to an all-or-nothing round, with Fallon and Lautner throwing boomboxes at the thoroughly stuffed hoop for the fate of the game.
Watch the clip above.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com