Many were shocked and saddened at the sudden death of Zaha Hadid, one of the world’s foremost architects, on Thursday.
When news broke that the Iraqi-British architect passed away at age 65 following a heart attack Thursday morning, scores of fans and friends took to Twitter to pay tribute and mourn her passing.
Hadid’s firm confirmed her death:
And a number of prominent art or architecture institutions, their members, and architecture writers expressed their sadness:
Celebrities and fans, including London Mayor Boris Johnson and British Culture Minister Ed Vaizey, also responded with admiration for Hadid and her work:
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating