Many were shocked and saddened at the sudden death of Zaha Hadid, one of the world’s foremost architects, on Thursday.
When news broke that the Iraqi-British architect passed away at age 65 following a heart attack Thursday morning, scores of fans and friends took to Twitter to pay tribute and mourn her passing.
Hadid’s firm confirmed her death:
And a number of prominent art or architecture institutions, their members, and architecture writers expressed their sadness:
Celebrities and fans, including London Mayor Boris Johnson and British Culture Minister Ed Vaizey, also responded with admiration for Hadid and her work:
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization