Many were shocked and saddened at the sudden death of Zaha Hadid, one of the world’s foremost architects, on Thursday.
When news broke that the Iraqi-British architect passed away at age 65 following a heart attack Thursday morning, scores of fans and friends took to Twitter to pay tribute and mourn her passing.
Hadid’s firm confirmed her death:
And a number of prominent art or architecture institutions, their members, and architecture writers expressed their sadness:
Celebrities and fans, including London Mayor Boris Johnson and British Culture Minister Ed Vaizey, also responded with admiration for Hadid and her work:
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow