A dog in Mississippi brought home a large bag of marijuana last Saturday, authorities say.
The Jones County Sheriff’s Department’s narcotics division went over to the house in Ellsville to dope out how much pot was in the stash. What the owner of Miley the dog thought was garbage turned out to be a pound of “high-grade” marijuana valued at $1,000, Allyson Knotts, a spokesperson for the sheriff’s office, told TIME.
The case is still under investigation because “it’s kind of hard to get the dog to tell you what kind of garbage it was digging in to,” Knotts says. “It’s possible that the dog did ingest some [of the marijuana] because she tore into it, but she is fine. No one was harmed. It’s not like she was high.”
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- The Threat to Louisiana's Drinking Water
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time