President Obama did the wave with Cuban President Raúl Castro at the historic exhibition game between the Tampa Bay Rays and the Cuban national baseball team.
Instagram upped its video-length limit from 15 seconds to 60.
As part of a photo shoot, Idris Elba and the rest of Disney’s Jungle Book cast posed with the CGI animals they voice in the movie.
Starbucks announced that it will start selling Pumpkin Spice Latte–flavored K-cups later this year.
Deadpool’s global gross passed $745 million, making it the biggest R-rated hit of all time.
A video showed Hugh Jackman rescuing his kids from a riptide at a beach in Sydney.
Time’s weekly take on what popped in culture
A team of Japanese space scientists lost track of a $273 million satellite sent to space to study black holes.
Microsoft had to disable Tay, its artificial-intelligence chatbot, after it started tweeting hateful, racist messages it had learned from pranksters.
The Atlanta Braves stadium is now selling the Burgerizza, a $26 bacon cheeseburger sandwiched between two 8-inch pepperoni pizzas.
Kristen Bell, who voices Princess Anna in Frozen, revealed that her daughters, ages 1 and 3, are not fans of the hit movie:
‘They live to break down my self-esteem.’
A British woman accidentally mailed her cat across the south coast of England; the feline, named Cupcake, had climbed into a box of DVDs.
A North Carolina man was arrested for not returning a VHS copy of Freddy Got Fingered–that he rented in 2002.
This appears in the April 11, 2016 issue of TIME.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out