Adele came face to face with her doppelgänger on Tuesday.
In between belting ballads at her concert in Birmingham, England, the singer welcomed to the stage a lookalike fan who even has the same hairstyle and makeup as the star.
It all started when Adele and her fans noticed Emily Bamforth in the audience, pointing out the resemblance.
“#AdeleLive2016 #AdeleBirmingham people won’t stop saying that my [fiancée] looks like @Adele,” Bamforth’s husband-to-be Tom Winkler tweeted at the show.
“All I did was very politely stand up with my hand up and asked her a question,” Bamforth – who made a YouTube tutorial on emulating Adele’s look – reportedly told the U.K.’s Daily Mail. She added that Adele called her “handsome.”
Before Bamforth knew it, she was sharing the 27-year-old superstar’s spotlight and posing for photos with her.
“Hello,” said Adele while reaching out to hug Bamforth. As the audience cheered, the ladies chatted about their ages and Bamforth’s hometown of Northampton, England.
Then came their photo session. A resulting selfie popped up on Twitter thanks to Bamforth’s fiancé.
“@Adele made my [fiancée’s] day, month, year! Thank you for the massive amount of brownie points!” he wrote of the duo’s closeup.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time