After an intense first month in office that has seen three big snow storms, harsh criticism and the city hosting its first Super Bowl, New York Mayor Bill de Blasio made his first Daily Show appearance Monday night, ready to set the record straight about a few important things.
Thankfully, host Jon Stewart didn’t waste any time taking Hizzoner to task about the issue on everyone’s mind, de Blasio’s penchant for eating pizza with a knife and fork:
Stewart and de Blasio broke bread over John’s Pizza and Big Gulps (though in the nearly 6-foot, 6-inch mayor’s hand, it “looked” like a normal-size soda), and de Blasio demonstrated that he knows well how New Yorkers like to eat their pizza, folded in one hand.
Later in the interview, de Blasio discussed many of the issues facing the city, such as stop-and-frisk, plans to raise taxes, and other plans for the post-Bloomberg city:
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer