What if you could drop time bubbles around villains that slowed your bullets just long enough to queue up your own swarm of lethal projectiles? Remedy Entertainment’s Quantum Break lets you do precisely that and more, turning you into a time-warping gunslinger.
“As [Jack] Joyce [the game’s protagonist], the [time] fracture imbues you with time powers, like being able to shoot and move faster than your enemies, dodge gunfire and momentarily zip around areas like The Flash,” I wrote in my review.
“The most clever of these, ‘time stop,’ places temporal bubbles around enemies that slow your bullets, letting you ‘stack’ a dozen shots from a handgun, which become a burst of machine-gun-like fire when the bubble vanishes. I imagine it’d be cathartic if you’re a bad shot. Or a sadist.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Matt Peckham at email@example.com