Entertainment mogul Sean “Diddy” Combs is opening a charter school in Harlem this fall.
Combs, who has worked as a rapper, actor, record producer and clothing designer, among other pursuits, announced Monday that his Capital Preparatory Harlem Charter School will open in the fall, the Associated Press reports.
Combs, who was born in Harlem, said founding the school is “a dream come true.” According to Rolling Stone, Combs has been working to launch the school since 2011, after spending years researching education models. Steve Perry, the founder of Capital Prep Magnet School in Hartford, Conn., will oversee the new Harlem school.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer