Entertainment mogul Sean “Diddy” Combs is opening a charter school in Harlem this fall.
Combs, who has worked as a rapper, actor, record producer and clothing designer, among other pursuits, announced Monday that his Capital Preparatory Harlem Charter School will open in the fall, the Associated Press reports.
Combs, who was born in Harlem, said founding the school is “a dream come true.” According to Rolling Stone, Combs has been working to launch the school since 2011, after spending years researching education models. Steve Perry, the founder of Capital Prep Magnet School in Hartford, Conn., will oversee the new Harlem school.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This