Entertainment mogul Sean “Diddy” Combs is opening a charter school in Harlem this fall.
Combs, who has worked as a rapper, actor, record producer and clothing designer, among other pursuits, announced Monday that his Capital Preparatory Harlem Charter School will open in the fall, the Associated Press reports.
Combs, who was born in Harlem, said founding the school is “a dream come true.” According to Rolling Stone, Combs has been working to launch the school since 2011, after spending years researching education models. Steve Perry, the founder of Capital Prep Magnet School in Hartford, Conn., will oversee the new Harlem school.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time