Entertainment mogul Sean “Diddy” Combs is opening a charter school in Harlem this fall.
Combs, who has worked as a rapper, actor, record producer and clothing designer, among other pursuits, announced Monday that his Capital Preparatory Harlem Charter School will open in the fall, the Associated Press reports.
Combs, who was born in Harlem, said founding the school is “a dream come true.” According to Rolling Stone, Combs has been working to launch the school since 2011, after spending years researching education models. Steve Perry, the founder of Capital Prep Magnet School in Hartford, Conn., will oversee the new Harlem school.
- How the Anti-Vax Movement Is Taking Over the Right
- What Happens Next in Ukraine Could Change Europe Forever
- There's So Much More To Say About Bill Cosby
- Death Doulas Used to Be Rare. The COVID-19 Pandemic Changed That
- What It Feels Like to Be a Muslim Woman Auctioned Online by India's Right Wing
- America's First Openly Trans City Council President Wants to Heal Minneapolis
- The World's Farmers Need to Prepare for Serious Cash Crop Disruption