While celebrities like Jaime King, Blake Lively, Alanis Morissette and now Jamie Oliver have all come forward as vocal supporters of breastfeeding, Adele wants women to remember that using formula is a perfectly viable option, too.
During one of her recent concerts at London’s The O2 Arena, Adele talked to the audience about the pressure to breastfeed by saying: “Breastfeeding mommies? You know what, it’s f–king ridiculous, and all those people who put pressure on us, you can go f–k yourselves, all right?” (Adele’s comments come after Jamie Oliver recently told a radio station that he supports mothers’ rights to “breastfeed anywhere.”)
Adele, who has a 3-year-old son, said she had difficulty breastfeeding and that she won’t let anyone make her feel guilty about it. “It’s hard,” she said at the concert. “Breastfeed if you can. But don’t worry, [formula brand] Aptamil’s just as good.”
Watch the full video above.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science