While celebrities like Jaime King, Blake Lively, Alanis Morissette and now Jamie Oliver have all come forward as vocal supporters of breastfeeding, Adele wants women to remember that using formula is a perfectly viable option, too.
During one of her recent concerts at London’s The O2 Arena, Adele talked to the audience about the pressure to breastfeed by saying: “Breastfeeding mommies? You know what, it’s f–king ridiculous, and all those people who put pressure on us, you can go f–k yourselves, all right?” (Adele’s comments come after Jamie Oliver recently told a radio station that he supports mothers’ rights to “breastfeed anywhere.”)
Adele, who has a 3-year-old son, said she had difficulty breastfeeding and that she won’t let anyone make her feel guilty about it. “It’s hard,” she said at the concert. “Breastfeed if you can. But don’t worry, [formula brand] Aptamil’s just as good.”
Watch the full video above.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization