While celebrities like Jaime King, Blake Lively, Alanis Morissette and now Jamie Oliver have all come forward as vocal supporters of breastfeeding, Adele wants women to remember that using formula is a perfectly viable option, too.
During one of her recent concerts at London’s The O2 Arena, Adele talked to the audience about the pressure to breastfeed by saying: “Breastfeeding mommies? You know what, it’s f–king ridiculous, and all those people who put pressure on us, you can go f–k yourselves, all right?” (Adele’s comments come after Jamie Oliver recently told a radio station that he supports mothers’ rights to “breastfeed anywhere.”)
Adele, who has a 3-year-old son, said she had difficulty breastfeeding and that she won’t let anyone make her feel guilty about it. “It’s hard,” she said at the concert. “Breastfeed if you can. But don’t worry, [formula brand] Aptamil’s just as good.”
Watch the full video above.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time