While celebrities like Jaime King, Blake Lively, Alanis Morissette and now Jamie Oliver have all come forward as vocal supporters of breastfeeding, Adele wants women to remember that using formula is a perfectly viable option, too.
During one of her recent concerts at London’s The O2 Arena, Adele talked to the audience about the pressure to breastfeed by saying: “Breastfeeding mommies? You know what, it’s f–king ridiculous, and all those people who put pressure on us, you can go f–k yourselves, all right?” (Adele’s comments come after Jamie Oliver recently told a radio station that he supports mothers’ rights to “breastfeed anywhere.”)
Read more: Gayle King: How to Let Go of Working Mom Guilt
Adele, who has a 3-year-old son, said she had difficulty breastfeeding and that she won’t let anyone make her feel guilty about it. “It’s hard,” she said at the concert. “Breastfeed if you can. But don’t worry, [formula brand] Aptamil’s just as good.”
Watch the full video above.
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- What to Know About the History of the Debt Ceiling
- 10 Questions the Succession Finale Needs to Answer
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Why Rich People Aren't Using Phone Cases