First, 56-year-old Nicola Griffin appeared in an advertisement in this year’s Sports Illustrated‘s Swimsuit Issue. Now, another model is helping to prove that beauty comes in all sizes, shapes and ages: 60-year-old Yazemeenah Rossi is the face of a new swimwear collaboration between The Dreslyn and Land of Women.
Rossi told the TODAY Show that she has been working as a model for 32 years. “I’ve lost major international campaigns because I didn’t want to dye my hair or do Botox,” Rossi said in the interview. “I’ve had clients cancel contracts because I wore transparent braces for one month.”
Rossi’s confidence is part of the reason she landed her latest campaign. “Yazemeenah Rossi embodies the modern, ageless confidence, intelligence and grace, making her a natural fit for this story,” Brooke Taylor Corcia, CEO and founder of The Dreslyn, said in a statement to TODAY.
“By showing images that are raw, we allow people to see and show themselves that way,” Rossi said. “I see now there is something great at work. People are fighting for authenticity.”
See some of the breathtaking photos from the campaign below:
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive