Apparently Ben Affleck needs to work on his poker face.
The 43-year-old actor was in the middle of a recent press appearance for his latest film, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, when the interviewer decided to read some of the terrible reviews the movie has received out loud. Affleck was clearly not prepared for the scathing comments—his face says it all. Of course, an Internet hero immediately jumped on the opportunity to meme the moment by creating a clip that zooms in on poor old Ben’s face as Simon & Garfunkel’s “Sound of Silence” plays.
In the actual segment, co-star Henry Cavill was there to respond to the negativity while Affleck collected himself. “What is going to really matter, I believe, is what the audience says,” Cavill said. “Because they’re the ones who are buying tickets, they’re the ones who want to see more of this kind of story, or not.”
- Introducing the TIME100 Climate List
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time