Apparently Ben Affleck needs to work on his poker face.
The 43-year-old actor was in the middle of a recent press appearance for his latest film, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, when the interviewer decided to read some of the terrible reviews the movie has received out loud. Affleck was clearly not prepared for the scathing comments—his face says it all. Of course, an Internet hero immediately jumped on the opportunity to meme the moment by creating a clip that zooms in on poor old Ben’s face as Simon & Garfunkel’s “Sound of Silence” plays.
In the actual segment, co-star Henry Cavill was there to respond to the negativity while Affleck collected himself. “What is going to really matter, I believe, is what the audience says,” Cavill said. “Because they’re the ones who are buying tickets, they’re the ones who want to see more of this kind of story, or not.”
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This