“Is there a socially acceptable way for women to admit or even acknowledge that they’re angry? I think historically the answer is no,” says Vproud founder Karen Cahn, who delved into the topic with a group of female influencers for this week’s episode of “You’re Not Crazy,” a video series that tackles various mental-health issues affecting women.
In part of her standup in the video, comedian Leah Bonnema talks about “falling from grace” while having a meltdown during her commute. “Just the fact that she calls it ‘falling from grace’ instead of ‘getting angry’ is so fascinating,” says Cahn.
The above clip is made up of footage shared exclusively with Motto. To view the whole episode, visit vproud.tv or watch it here:
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up