Pop star Justin Bieber has become the first artist to reach 10 billion views on the music video website Vevo.
Many of his videos boast nine-digit view counts, while certain songs have been streamed well over a billion times, from one of his first hits “Baby” to “Sorry” from his latest album Purpose.
In the last year, several popular recording artists have broken the Vevo record for the most views in 24 hours. Shortly after David Bowie died on Jan. 10 at 69, the rock star broke the Vevo record for most views in a day—a record previously held by Adele when she released “Hello,” Taylor Swift (“Bad Blood”) and Nicki Minaj (“Anaconda”).
More Must-Reads From TIME
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space