GOP presidential contender Donald Trump continued his Twitter assault on the wife of chief rival Ted Cruz Wednesday with a tweet that includes an unflattering photo of Cruz’s wife Heidi.
The image—placed next to a photo of Trump’s wife Melania—was apparently created by a fan and then retweeted by Trump. “The images are worth a thousand words,” the caption reads.
The image follows a back-and-forth between the two candidates in which Trump accused Cruz of using a nearly nude photo of Melania in a campaign ad. (The ad was created by a Super Pac that is legally barred from coordinating with the Cruz campaign). Trump threatened to “spill the beans” on Heidi in response to the ad.
Cruz responded to the initial tweet by calling Trump a “coward” Wednesday. But following Trump’s tweet of a photo of Heidi Cruz, Cruz tried to take higher ground. “Donald, real men don’t attack women,” he wrote. “Your wife is lovely, and Heidi is the love of my life.”
- The Case for Mediocrity
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- Meet the 2023 TIME100 Next: the Emerging Leaders Shaping the World
- Oprah and Arthur C. Brooks: How to Separate Work From Your Identity
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- You Don’t Have to Like Wrestling to Love Netflix’s Excellent Wrestlers
- The Most Anticipated Books, Movies, TV, and Music of Fall 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time