A South Carolina man was arrested Tuesday after police say he stole some 983 phones from the Verizon store he managed.
Charles Thomas Gilbert of Simpsonville, S.C. is charged with breach of trust and violation of the state’s Computer Crimes Act, according to local CBS affiliate WSPA.
Police say Gilbert used the store’s computers to run a scheme to steal the treasure trove of phones, valued at over $400,000.
He is being held on a $50,000 bond at the Greenville County Detention Center.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org