A South Carolina man was arrested Tuesday after police say he stole some 983 phones from the Verizon store he managed.
Charles Thomas Gilbert of Simpsonville, S.C. is charged with breach of trust and violation of the state’s Computer Crimes Act, according to local CBS affiliate WSPA.
Police say Gilbert used the store’s computers to run a scheme to steal the treasure trove of phones, valued at over $400,000.
He is being held on a $50,000 bond at the Greenville County Detention Center.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science