Happy National Puppy Day!
Every year for the past 10 years, people all over the country — and more recently, world — have used March 23 as an occasion to celebrate the pups that bring so much joy and happiness into their lives. Founded in 2006 by Colleen Paige, a celebrity pet and home lifestyle expert, the day is not only a chance to lavish love on your adorable furball, but also “to help save orphaned puppies across the globe and educate the public about the horrors of puppy mills,” according to the National Puppy Day website.
The site also provides a list of 50 different ways to commemorate the holiday, including hosting a puppy party, taking your puppy to the beach and having a portrait painted of your puppy to “suspend the fleeting magic of puppydom.”
Feel free to get the festivities going by watching the video below.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State