Happy National Puppy Day!
Every year for the past 10 years, people all over the country — and more recently, world — have used March 23 as an occasion to celebrate the pups that bring so much joy and happiness into their lives. Founded in 2006 by Colleen Paige, a celebrity pet and home lifestyle expert, the day is not only a chance to lavish love on your adorable furball, but also “to help save orphaned puppies across the globe and educate the public about the horrors of puppy mills,” according to the National Puppy Day website.
The site also provides a list of 50 different ways to commemorate the holiday, including hosting a puppy party, taking your puppy to the beach and having a portrait painted of your puppy to “suspend the fleeting magic of puppydom.”
Feel free to get the festivities going by watching the video below.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- How Tech Giants Turned Ukraine Into an AI War Lab
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Megan McCluskey at email@example.com