At least 31 people were killed by simultaneous terrorist attacks in Brussels on Tuesday, with two explosions in the Brussels airport and one on the subway system. A video taken after the blast in Zaventem Airport depicts the chaos that ensued after the terrorist attacks.
In the video, several people can be heard screaming, “someone help me,” and telling each other to “stay down” after the blast. The camera pans to show people lying on the ground. The footage shows rubble, smoke and abandoned suitcases.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction