The mayor of Paris tweeted that the Eiffel Tower will be lit up in black, yellow and red in solidarity with Brussels following a series of deadly attacks Tuesday that left at least 31 dead and dozens injured.
Anne Hidalgo wrote on Twitter, “In solidarity with the people of Brussels, Paris will light up the Eiffel Tower in the colors of the Belgian flag tonight.” She added the hashtag #NousSommesUnis, which means “We Are United.”
The town hall of Brussels lit up with the colors of the French national flag at the Brussels Grand Palace in November following terrorist attacks in Paris.
The Belgian capital has been on high alert since the Paris attacks, when Salah Abdeslam, a suspect, fled to Brussels. He was arrested on Friday.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022