Trump tweeted that Cuban President Raul Castro had “no respect” for the President and First Family because he did not greet them when Air Force One landed on the island on Sunday afternoon.
“Wow, President Obama just landed in Cuba, a big deal, and Raul Castro wasn’t even there to greet him,” Trump wrote. “He greeted Pope and others. No respect.”
“Meanwhile, political prisoners languishing in dungeons across the island will hear this message: Nobody has your back. You’re alone with your tormentors. The world has forgotten about you,” Cruz wrote.
Obama landed on the island on Sunday for the two-day journey, during which he’ll meet with both Castro and political dissidents. Republicans in Congress have also been critical of the President’s decision to travel to Cuba, where the government keeps a tight lid on political dissent. The White House says the trip will help the U.S. and Cuba chart a new course after years without formal diplomatic relations.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror