Sony’s PlayStation VR virtual reality headset will be available for pre-order on March 22nd, the company said in a March 18 blog post.
The pre-sale offer involves a $499.99 bundle including the headset, requisite PlayStation Camera, 2 PlayStation Move controllers and one game. The standalone PlayStation VR headset, which will cost $399.99, won’t be available for pre-order, says Sony. (That cheaper price doesn’t include the necessary camera, which costs around $50.)
The PlayStation VR won’t be available until October, so it’s pretty early for a pre-sale. But Sony’s timing here is significant, as high-end virtual reality headsets from Oculus VR and HTC are due to hit shelves over the next few weeks. Opening up some PlayStation VR gear for pre-order at the same time keeps Sony’s offering top of mind for early virtual reality adopters.
- Effective Altruism Promises to Do Good Better. These Women Say It Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- From Jan. 6 to Tyre Nichols, American Life Is Still Defined by Caste
- As People Return to Offices, It’s Back to Miserable for America’s Working Moms
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year