Sony’s PlayStation VR virtual reality headset will be available for pre-order on March 22nd, the company said in a March 18 blog post.
The pre-sale offer involves a $499.99 bundle including the headset, requisite PlayStation Camera, 2 PlayStation Move controllers and one game. The standalone PlayStation VR headset, which will cost $399.99, won’t be available for pre-order, says Sony. (That cheaper price doesn’t include the necessary camera, which costs around $50.)
The PlayStation VR won’t be available until October, so it’s pretty early for a pre-sale. But Sony’s timing here is significant, as high-end virtual reality headsets from Oculus VR and HTC are due to hit shelves over the next few weeks. Opening up some PlayStation VR gear for pre-order at the same time keeps Sony’s offering top of mind for early virtual reality adopters.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time