Sony’s PlayStation VR virtual reality headset will be available for pre-order on March 22nd, the company said in a March 18 blog post.
The pre-sale offer involves a $499.99 bundle including the headset, requisite PlayStation Camera, 2 PlayStation Move controllers and one game. The standalone PlayStation VR headset, which will cost $399.99, won’t be available for pre-order, says Sony. (That cheaper price doesn’t include the necessary camera, which costs around $50.)
The PlayStation VR won’t be available until October, so it’s pretty early for a pre-sale. But Sony’s timing here is significant, as high-end virtual reality headsets from Oculus VR and HTC are due to hit shelves over the next few weeks. Opening up some PlayStation VR gear for pre-order at the same time keeps Sony’s offering top of mind for early virtual reality adopters.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was