Sony’s PlayStation VR virtual reality headset will be available for pre-order on March 22nd, the company said in a March 18 blog post.
The pre-sale offer involves a $499.99 bundle including the headset, requisite PlayStation Camera, 2 PlayStation Move controllers and one game. The standalone PlayStation VR headset, which will cost $399.99, won’t be available for pre-order, says Sony. (That cheaper price doesn’t include the necessary camera, which costs around $50.)
The PlayStation VR won’t be available until October, so it’s pretty early for a pre-sale. But Sony’s timing here is significant, as high-end virtual reality headsets from Oculus VR and HTC are due to hit shelves over the next few weeks. Opening up some PlayStation VR gear for pre-order at the same time keeps Sony’s offering top of mind for early virtual reality adopters.
- Amanda Gorman on the Greatest Lesson She’s Learned This Year
- What Actually Worries U.S. Doctors About Omicron
- Reuniting Families Separated Under Trump Is Expensive. Should the U.S. Government Pay?
- The 10 Best Movies of 2021
- America's Foster Care System Is a Dangerous Place for Trans Teens. Now They're Fighting for Change
- Stressed About Going Back to the Office? Here Are 8 Ways to Make It Easier
- What to Know About Digital World, the Company Funding Trump's New Social Media Platform 'TRUTH Social'