Every single flight begins exactly the same way: With one of those soul-crushingly boring safety lectures explaining what to do in case the worst happens. But if one of your plane’s engines explodes mid-flight, what are the odds you’re actually going to remember what the flight crew said back on the runway?
Enter Prepare for Impact. It’s a new free smartphone app for iPhone and Android that simulates various airborne emergencies, with the goal of teaching users how to survive a catastrophe. It covers everything from the mild (runway overruns) to the extreme (a crash into water). Sadly, there’s no “snakes on plane” scenario.
For a smartphone app, Prepare for Impact is surprisingly intense. Will it save lives? Who knows. But it’s at least more interesting than those FAA-mandated safety lectures.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up