For anyone who has questioned whether Clark Kent’s disguise that a simple pair of glasses would hide from his loved ones that he’s Superman, Henry Cavill’s latest Instagram post has a message for you.
Cavill posted a video to his Instagram of the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice star out in public in one of New York City’s most trafficked areas, Times Square. Cavill spent some time in the area, which is fully decked out in massive Batman v Superman posters, and the current man behind Kal-El even wore a Superman shirt to drive his point home.
That point, of course, is that “the glasses are good enough,” as Cavill writes alongside the video, which shows the star going unnoticed despite his face being plastered on the sides of buildings all around him. And even without a pair of glasses on, Cavill hides in plain sight.
Cavill is referring to the only real means by which Clark Kent usually alters his appearance (other than his entire outfit) to hide his identity switch between the world-saving alien from Krypton and the everydayDaily Planet reporter.
Watch Cavill’s video below to find out that Clark’s glasses may be more than enough to get the identity-hiding job done when the current Superman doesn’t even require them. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, starring Cavill, Ben Affleck as Batman, and Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, hits theaters on March 25.
This article originally appeared on EW.com
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement