For anyone who has questioned whether Clark Kent’s disguise that a simple pair of glasses would hide from his loved ones that he’s Superman, Henry Cavill’s latest Instagram post has a message for you.
Cavill posted a video to his Instagram of the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice star out in public in one of New York City’s most trafficked areas, Times Square. Cavill spent some time in the area, which is fully decked out in massive Batman v Superman posters, and the current man behind Kal-El even wore a Superman shirt to drive his point home.
That point, of course, is that “the glasses are good enough,” as Cavill writes alongside the video, which shows the star going unnoticed despite his face being plastered on the sides of buildings all around him. And even without a pair of glasses on, Cavill hides in plain sight.
Cavill is referring to the only real means by which Clark Kent usually alters his appearance (other than his entire outfit) to hide his identity switch between the world-saving alien from Krypton and the everydayDaily Planet reporter.
Watch Cavill’s video below to find out that Clark’s glasses may be more than enough to get the identity-hiding job done when the current Superman doesn’t even require them. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, starring Cavill, Ben Affleck as Batman, and Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, hits theaters on March 25.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org