Germany has banned the neo-Nazi group White Wolves Terror Crew (WWT), following a spike in right-wing activity.
The country has experienced upheaval in response to the arrival of migrants; more than 200 attacks on migrant hostels have occurred this year, according to Reuters, and the anti-immigrant Alternative for Germany party recently made gains in three state elections. Speaking on the decision to ban the WWT, Interior Minister Thomas de Maiziere said, “It spreads a xenophobic and inhuman ideology, it brings right wing extremist incitement onto the street and is not scared of committing violence.”
Some members of the group have been known to perform the Nazi salute, which is itself banned in Germany.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization