Kanye West’s new album came out last month, but that doesn’t mean it’s finished.
“Life Of Pablo is a living breathing changing creative expression,” the rapper tweeted on Tuesday, which means he’ll probably be tinkering with it and making alterations for days/weeks/months to come—who knows.
Over the weekend, listeners noticed that West had updated the album, which is only available to stream on Tidal, with alternate lyrics and mixes. Now, there’s an entirely new version of the song “Wolves,” which has gone through several iterations since West first unveiled it on Saturday Night Live last year. Originally, the song featured pop star Sia and rapper Vic Mensa. Yet when West premiered the album at a Madison Square Garden event last month, Sia and Vic Mensa’s contributions were cut and replaced with an appearance by elusive chanteur Frank Ocean.
On the new version, Sia and Vic Mensa are back, while Ocean’s contribution is its own song, “Frank’s Track.” You can hear it over at Tidal. West has been promising to “fix” the song for weeks, though it’s possible West will continue to obsessive over the details while he’s working on the three albums he’s promised this year.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State