It takes a woman as powerful as the First Lady to get this many stars on one song.
Ahead of her SXSW Music Keynote Conversation on Wednesday, Michelle Obama has a released song titled “This Is For My Girls” that features Missy Elliott, Kelly Clarkson, Zendaya, Kelly Rowland, Janelle Monáe, Lea Michele, Jada Grace and Chloe x Halle. You can hear it on iTunes here.
FLOTUS doesn’t sing on the track, which was written by legendary songwriter Diane Warren, but she did assemble the track with AOL’s Makers to promote her Let Girls Learn initiative, which helps provide access to education to the estimated 62 million girls around the world without schooling. The song’s proceeds will go the Peace Corps Let Girls Learn Fund.
Chloe x Halle will perform the song live during the keynote address Wednesday morning, which will feature a discussion between the First Lady, Elliott, Warren, Sophia Bush and Queen Latifah, who will moderate the conversation. The event will be live-streamed on MAKERS.com starting at 11:30 a.m. ET.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now