It takes a woman as powerful as the First Lady to get this many stars on one song.
Ahead of her SXSW Music Keynote Conversation on Wednesday, Michelle Obama has a released song titled “This Is For My Girls” that features Missy Elliott, Kelly Clarkson, Zendaya, Kelly Rowland, Janelle Monáe, Lea Michele, Jada Grace and Chloe x Halle. You can hear it on iTunes here.
FLOTUS doesn’t sing on the track, which was written by legendary songwriter Diane Warren, but she did assemble the track with AOL’s Makers to promote her Let Girls Learn initiative, which helps provide access to education to the estimated 62 million girls around the world without schooling. The song’s proceeds will go the Peace Corps Let Girls Learn Fund.
Chloe x Halle will perform the song live during the keynote address Wednesday morning, which will feature a discussion between the First Lady, Elliott, Warren, Sophia Bush and Queen Latifah, who will moderate the conversation. The event will be live-streamed on MAKERS.com starting at 11:30 a.m. ET.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve