Apple has filed its final planned legal salvo before the federal government and the world’s most valuable company are due to face off in a California court over unlocking a killer’s phone on March 22.
“The Justice Department and FBI are seeking an order from this court that would force Apple to create exactly the kind of operating system that Congress has thus far refused to require,” lawyers for Apple wrote in the brief filed Tuesday in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California.
“They are asking this court to resolve a policy and political issue that is …
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up