Hamilton star and writer Lin-Manuel Miranda took the cast down to Washington D.C. for a special White House performance on Monday, but like the founding father, he went above and beyond expectations during the visit.
Miranda and President Obama convened in the Rose Garden for a quick freestyle rap about government, the president holding up cue cards with words like “immigrants” and “opportunity” to prompt Miranda’s rap.
For example: “We really need a new justice for the Supreme Court, in short, oh my gosh this is my book report. And immigrants, we get the job done, this is so fun, POTUS is holding up the signs, I’m not done.”
At the end, Miranda specified, “I did not see those words prior.”
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving