Hamilton star and writer Lin-Manuel Miranda took the cast down to Washington D.C. for a special White House performance on Monday, but like the founding father, he went above and beyond expectations during the visit.
Miranda and President Obama convened in the Rose Garden for a quick freestyle rap about government, the president holding up cue cards with words like “immigrants” and “opportunity” to prompt Miranda’s rap.
For example: “We really need a new justice for the Supreme Court, in short, oh my gosh this is my book report. And immigrants, we get the job done, this is so fun, POTUS is holding up the signs, I’m not done.”
At the end, Miranda specified, “I did not see those words prior.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org