A Breitbart reporter who has accused Donald Trump’s campaign manager of assaulting her at a rally filed a police report on Friday.
The Jupiter Police Department directed TIME to a press release on a “misdemeanor battery investigation” when asked about the journalist Michelle Fields’ complaint. The press release says a police report was filed Friday morning, and the initial report is forthcoming.
Fields says that Corey Lewandowski forcibly yanked her out of the way at a Trump event on Tuesday when she tried to ask the candidate a question.
Lewandowski and the Trump campaign deny the incident. Lewandowski called the reporter “delusional”:
The campaign released a new statement Friday, saying, “The accusation, which has only been made in the media and never addressed directly with the campaign, is entirely false… Not a single camera or reporter of more than 100 in attendance captured the alleged incident.”
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023