A Breitbart reporter who has accused Donald Trump’s campaign manager of assaulting her at a rally filed a police report on Friday.
The Jupiter Police Department directed TIME to a press release on a “misdemeanor battery investigation” when asked about the journalist Michelle Fields’ complaint. The press release says a police report was filed Friday morning, and the initial report is forthcoming.
Fields says that Corey Lewandowski forcibly yanked her out of the way at a Trump event on Tuesday when she tried to ask the candidate a question.
Lewandowski and the Trump campaign deny the incident. Lewandowski called the reporter “delusional”:
The campaign released a new statement Friday, saying, “The accusation, which has only been made in the media and never addressed directly with the campaign, is entirely false… Not a single camera or reporter of more than 100 in attendance captured the alleged incident.”
- The Biggest Moments From the Second Republican Debate
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time