Ben Carson endorsed Donald Trump, making the retired neurosurgeon the second former presidential candidate to endorse the Republican frontrunner in the last two weeks.
Appearing next to Trump at a news conference in Palm Beach, Florida, Carson said Trump is “a very intelligent man who cares deeply about America.”
“There are two Donald Trumps,” Carson added, alluding to Trump’s campaign persona. “There is one who sits on the stage and the one who is cerebral…and that’s the one you are going to start seeing more and more of.”
Carson’s endorsement was finalized on Thursday during a meeting with Trump, reports the Washington Post. Trump confirmed that Carson would endorse him during Thursday night’s Republican debate on CNN.
“It is such an honor to have Ben—he is a friend, he has become a friend and I appreciate the endorsement,” Trump said after Carson spoke on Friday.
Carson ended his presidential bid last week, saying that he saw no “political path forward” in the race.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World